What is CoolTone?
CoolTone is an FDA cleared device from the CoolSculpting family of nonsurgical body sculpting solutions for strengthening, toning and firming of muscles of the abdomen, buttocks and tights.
How does CoolTone work?
- CoolTone uses Magnetic Muscle Stimulation or MMS technology. MMS energy penetrates through skin and fat layers targeting only the muscle layer and inducing involuntary muscle contractions that are actually more powerful than voluntary contractions like sit ups, crunches and squats.
- The body’s response to these contractions is to strengthen its muscle fibers, resulting in improved muscle conditioning.
- After treatments, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs are firmer and have a more defined and toned appearance.
Is CoolTone safe?
Yes, CoolTone focused magnetic muscle stimulation (MMS) is safe.
Does CoolTone hurt?
CoolTone feels like a series of strong muscle contractions. It is not painful.
What are the expected results of CoolTone?
Allergan the manufacturer of CoolTone conducted multiple including Imaging studies with CT scans and MRI scans showing effectiveness of CoolTone. In fact, four treatments with CoolTone resulted in 16% increase muscle mass
How many CoolTone treatments are needed?
- Typical treatment protocol is four 30-minute sessions in 2 weeks.
- Sessions are recommended at least 2 days apart.
- Additional sessions may be needed to achieve your desired results.
Are the results permanent?
No, periodic maintenance with single CoolTone treatments are recommended.
What is the maintenance protocol?
Typical maintenance protocol is one 30-minute session monthly starting at 30 to 60 days after completion of the treatment protocol.
Who performs the procedure?
At Bonakdar Institute CoolTone and CoolSculpting Certified technicians perform your consultation and treatment.
How is CoolTone different than Emsculpt?
CoolTone device has 50% more magnetic intensity than Emsculpt, as measured in tesla units at the point of patient contact.1.35Tesla versus 0.9Tesla.
What areas are treated with CoolTone?
CoolTone is FDA approved currently for muscles of the Abdomen, Buttock and Thighs.
Ideal candidates are physically active individuals adhering to a healthy diet and lifestyle who desire more definition of their abs and more lifted buttocks.
Does CoolTone treat cellulite or skin laxity?
CoolTone does not treat loose skin and cellulite. But as a comprehensive body treatment center, we offer other treatments that address loose skin and cellulite including ThermiSmooth and ThermiTight
Does CoolTone treat diastasis recti after pregnancy?
- Diastasis recti is a medical term describing the separation of the abdominal muscles
- This condition is sometimes seen with pregnancy due to increase in the girth of the abdomen as the baby grows in utero
- In extreme cases, it can cause a midline hernia or bulging of abdominal tissue
- Clinical studies demonstrate an 11% reduction in diastasis recti following 4 CoolTone treatments.
Who is a poor candidate for CoolTone? Are there any contraindications?
- Patients with significant fat stores may not be ideal candidates for CoolTone right away until they first address the unwanted fat with CoolSculpting.
- MMS energy used to power CoolTone penetrates to approximately 7 cm.
- Those with thicker fat stores may not get as significant of muscle contraction, causing less significant results following treatment.
- Pregnant and nursing females should not undergo treatment with CoolTone.
- Women who are close to menstruation may find that it comes sooner, or cramping is increased or intensified with CoolTone treatments, therefore we recommend not undergoing treatment during this time of the month.
Contraindications to treatment include the following:
- Metallic or electronic implants such as cardiac pacemakers, implanted defibrillators, implanted neurostimulators, drug pumps, and metallic IUD’s
- Heart condition
- Malignant tumor
- Hemorrhagic conditions
- Muscle injury or impairment
- Surgery in the treatment area less than 6 months ago
What are the pretreatment Instructions?
- There are no specific pretreatment instructions, but we advise you to come to your appointment wearing comfortable clothing which allow for correct positioning during the treatment
- Hydrate well but avoid a large meal prior to your treatment
- You will be asked to empty your bladder and remove all metallic accessories and electronic devices.
What are the posttreatment instructions?
- The treated area may be mildly sore, like a strength training workout
- This may persist for a day following treatment
Can CoolTone be performed with other body sculpting treatments?
Yes, CoolTone works best when stubborn fat pockets are first treated with CoolSculpting. After a tummy tuck, a 3-6 months wait is recommended prior to CoolTone abdominal strengthening.