5 BOTOX® Cosmetic Facts
COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY AND SKIN CARE for NEWPORT BEACH, CORONA DEL MAR & ORANGE COUNTY, CA
A number of people come to my practice wanting a nonsurgical solution to the fine lines and wrinkles that accompany the aging process. One of my top solutions: BOTOX® Cosmetic in Orange County. Here’s five facts about this popular prescription treatment:
- It’s FDA-approved for the treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, but can be used “off-label” for treatment of many other types of wrinkles.
- Over 11 million BOTOX Cosmetic procedures have been administered since 2002 in the United States alone. With this track record, it has earned a reputation as a convenient way to reduce facial wrinkles.
- The procedure only takes around 10 minutes, and the results can last up to four months.
- BOTOX reduces the appearance of lines, but it should not greatly affect your facial appearance. You should experience natural looking results, and still be able to smile or frown.
- Once a person discontinues treatments, the facial lines begin to return. This allows people to try the product without permanent changes. Conversely, it can allow people to enhance other surgeries, and to conveniently maintain their youthful looking skin.