Lets Talk Fillers
COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY AND SKIN CARE for NEWPORT BEACH, CORONA DEL MAR & ORANGE COUNTY, CA
Injectable fillers have become a very popular method of facial rejuvenation, excellent on their own and when combined with BOTOX® Cosmetic in Orange County. Many people are asking about them. Often, they’ve heard about fillers from friends, on TV, or in magazines, and they’re mentioning fillers by name when they come into my practice. Here are a few fillers my patients are asking about:
(Ultra, Ultra Plus, Ultra XC, and Ultra Plus XC)
- Made with: Hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance that is already found in your skin. HA provides volume and hydration.
- Results last: Up to 1 year.
- Benefits: With several formulations, JUVÉDERM can accomplish a variety of improvements. However, it truly excels for treatment of nasolabial folds (“parentheses”). The smooth-consistency gel achieves natural-looking results. Also, because it is made with HA, no allergy test is required. As a Facial Aesthetic Trainer with Allergan for JUVÉDERM and a participant in the JUVÉDERM Injectable Gel multi-center study, I can help my patients select the most advantageous formulation.
- Made with: Collagen and PMMA microspheres (which encourage further collagen production).
- Results last: Much longer than other fillers (it’s called a “long lasting filler”).
- Benefits: Artefill actually encourages collagen production. Results appear gradually over several months (although some improvement is visible immediately) and stand the test of time. I’ve been chosen as an Artefill Center of Excellence Provider, so I’m very familiar with how successful this filler can be. Patients need 2 treatments 6 weeks apart for permanent or long lasting solutions.
- Made with: Poly-L-lactic acid, a biodegradable and biocompatible synthetic material.
- Results last: Up to 2 years
- Benefits: In addition to reducing wrinkles, Sculptra can provide volume enhancement for facial features that have thinned with age. In this way it addresses two of the signs of facial aging. However, patients should be aware that, to achieve optimal results, 3 Sculptra treatments spaced 6 weeks apart are usually required.
True, you can learn about fillers by researching them online, but the only real way to determine which filler will work best for you is to meet with a qualified physician. With my experience and significant knowledge, I know which fillers are appropriate for my patients and which aren’t.